Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"What you should have on you iPod!" Part 2

Okay so now back to the countdown, for all of 2 People who probably are interested in this blog one being a person who thinks this is a cooking site and is waiting for the next incredible recipe! ....


 Moving on, by the way hope I gave people enough reason to buy a kindle! (Again product placement, I just get nothing out of it!).

So welcome back to Part 2 of my top 10 songs that you should have on your iPod / iPad / iPhone / iMac / iFuck (Patent pending). Coming in at number 7 we have an all time favourite of mine, these guys have been around for quite a while and have one of the most influential front men both in the Music industry and in Philanthropy!  Quoting Looktothestars.org

"Bono was inspired to get involved in charity work after seeing The Secret Policeman’s Ball in 1979. In 1986 he helped organize Amnesty International's Conspiracy Of Hope tour alongside Sting, who was one of the Secret Policeman’s Ball performers seen by Bono, Peter Gabriel, Lou Reed, and Bryan Adams."

 U2's music inspired generations of musicians to do what they love. They have written some of the most influential and beautiful songs that still get people's hearts pounding when they hear it, including the original for "Mandela: Long walk to Freedom". "Joshua Tree" - "according to trust worthy source which is Wikipedia" (Words no college professor ever said) -  is acclaimed as one of the greatest albums in rock history, and many publications have placed it among their rankings of the best records, including Hot Press, Time, Q, and Entertainment Weekly. In 1997, The Guardian collated worldwide data in 1997 from a range of renowned critics, artists, and radio DJs, who placed the record at number 57 in the list of the "100 Best Albums Ever".In 2010, the album appeared at number 62 on Spin's list of the 125 most influential albums in the 25 years since the magazine launched. 

Just one more thing we can thank Ireland for after St. Patrick's Day and Guinness beer......


So here you go from the "The Joshua Tree" album I give you "Where the streets have no name" 


Hope you enjoyed that and if you did not, well sad luck carry on! So now I told my self that I would not pander to stereotypes and offer nonsensical, mundane and all round brain damaging gossip and still hold true! Instead let me just hit you guys up with the 5 Shows to watch out for this fall in my opinion will kick ASS! Other than Game of Thrones and Shows like that which already have a great fan following.

So here are the top 5 TV shows to watch out:- (YOU FILTHY STREAMERS AND DOWNLOADERS.... Much Love!)

Coming in at number we have 5. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2 Now that the Marvel universe to a certain extent is under one room there is much interlocking between movies and TV show going which to the Comic book fanatic that I am. Can't wait!!! Just waiting for that one episode that they get Iron Man on it!


Next up we have a new show that will be starting, might I give you at Number 4 "THE FLASH". The Story of Barry Allen and the Origins of the Flash : The Fastest Man Alive. Well With the Justice League movie around the corner and the DC world also exploding with its Hero tails the flash would not get left behind. This is a Spin off from the Arrow Tv Show which is another great Show to watch so lets see.


To all the Vampire, Werewolf  fans out there and not the Twilight loving ones of course cause well they have serious mental issues. Vampire glow in sunlight (Thank the lord! ..... Voldemort killed him in the 4th Movie Get it Lord, Voldemort Play on words? The Harry potter fan would have.) Coming in at number 3 you guys watch out for Teen Wolf, Yes many folks out there are laughing and saying what a douche! but the fact remains this stuff is pretty kick ass once you rid it of the adolescent crap, but if they took that out it would just be WOLF. So Season 4 of the show has started and the stuff is building so I am quite impressed. 


Coming up next though I have never been a person to watch this show, my younger brother swears by it and he has impeccable taste when it comes to this. So coming in at Number 2 we have American Horror Story: Freak Show. I don't know much about the show but he says you can watch any season cause they never carry over so event if you have never watched this show start at any season doesn't really matter.


Finally at Number 1 we have a show that I waiting for more than finally losing those 30 Kilos I Give you Gotham. Set in Gotham city post the brutal murder of Bruce Wayne's parents it has Detective Gordon (Ben McKenzie) dealing with the origins of some of the most famous super villains like the Penguin and the Riddler , though what got my attention was when in an interview one of the people on the show said "you should stay tuned cause you never know when you might see the Joker for the first time". Basically its an origin story of how the Famous villains came to be while show the relationship of Bruce Wayne and Gordon from the start.



Now Back to the music coming in at number 6 we have something nice and relaxed for you folks. This artist has a certain effect on women as was displayed in the following picture.... 


As you have probably already guessed it our next artist is "John Mayer" with one of my favorite songs (Cause obviously it's my countdown). I'll try and take credit for this song but I have to give credit where credit is due, my friend Sid Mathur (Go check out his blog for some hilarious posts) introduced me to this song and I more often than not have had is on Replay in the middle of a Car - O - Bar Session with friends. So here it is, I give "Who Says" from the album "Battle Studies" Have a Listen!



Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls and anyone who will actually read this ............. I give you ...... Nothing cause well I'm broke and unemployed and do this just for fun! We are now into the Top 5 folks you know what that means........ Seriously? anyone any ideas? ...... Here we go coming in at number 5 is one of the Top Indie Bands, another band that was introduced to me by a friend, I give you Death Cab for Cutie. The first time I heard this band was when the O.C. use to be on television and they performed on it. I remember the sound just captivated me. So to end this Segment I have a nine minute treat that you will enjoy. Here you go folks I Give you "I Will Possess your Heart" from the album "Narrow Stairs"


Hope everyone enjoyed this segment of the show and will be back tomorrow with the second last installment of this Saga! But again a sign off from our sponsors!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment