Monday, July 14, 2014

"What you should have on you iPod!" Part 1

After my last "rant" i.e. what many  friends called my last post, its about time I just wrote something a little more relaxed on opinion - even though there is a strong point there - So today's post looks to just share what my TOP 10 Favourite songs are of all time. These are mix of both old school and modern tracks that in my opinion should be on every iPod (my version of product placement, and sadly I shall never receive any money for this ...... Hi Apple I'll take apple store credit too!!! .. No?? I guess Not!)

Counting down from Number 10 on Arjun's Countdown (Not the most original way to go about it) - Oh by the way people who know me are reading this post in my voice (If you weren't before you are now!!)

Coming in at number 10 is something light and easy but still a pretty kick ass track, for anyone born in the late eighties this song will bring back memories of that one person who in essence pushed you to do something you never wanted to. That one time you waited all day at the train station to meet her or to study with her (Damn I was whipped at a very young age haha!) So here it is folks I give you "She's Electric by Oasis" from the "What's the Story Morning glory Album"


So if this were actually a Radio talk show one would expect some form of music news or popular culture new but sadly it's not cause I never tried to become a Radio Jockey, If I had I would have been the best!! .... 


Moving on, to number 9 well this is a tie ..... anyone who has a problem, can calmly take their rear end away (Go fuck you self, there I said it!). In my defence it's the same artist - which is 'K'Naan' - and the same album -which is 'Troubadour' - but they both make you feel two different emotions First is "Bang Bang feat. Adam Levine of Maroon 5" (SPOILER ALERT They are also on the countdown) followed by "Take a minute". "Bang bang" is more about the effect women have on men that feel like they shot us most of the time (It's not a sexist point of view before you raise your voice, we are the ones who feel insecure at times "GIRL POWER")  

GOTH MEME in the HOUSE!!!
So yeah here you go first up is Bang Bang .... enjoy (Plus come on its a pretty kick ass party tune)


Going on to the other track we have "Take a minute" , K'Naan as an artist is know to speak of more political issues and at times has filled albums with it as he is a refugee himself, and to go back to my "Rant" just for a minute we need more musicians like this who provoke thought with what they have to say and not play into the superficiality that the world has learned to live with. As he says in the song:

"It ain't easy comin' out of where we from homie
and it's the reason why I can never play phony
Tell 'em the truth" is what my dead homies told me, ooh yeah
I take inspiration from the most heinous of situations
Creatin' medication out my own tribulations
Dear Africa, you helped me write this
by showin' me to give is pricless"

Here you it's take a minute by K'Naan ...... Folks just listen to what he has to say :)


So now in this part of the radio show I would probably play a preview track and give a review of the album so today's treat for you people is "Linkin Park's the Hunting Party Album" It came out a few weeks back but I wasn't doing this then so well there you go 



I have been a Linkin Park fan since the beginning "Hybrid Theory" is still one of my all time favourite albums with some of most amazing songs that people still love. You had "In the End" "Crawling" "One Step Closer" even "Papercut" and since then most fans are still looking for that revival of theirs. Though in my opinion (that probably doesn't really matter "Meteora" was quite a good album that still made hits "Numb" to name a track. So after the last  few albums had been a bitter disappointment, not including Mike Shinoda's "Fort Minor" hit and run and  Chester Beninngton's "Dead by Sunrise" phase, I had very little expectation of their new album. Yet out of habit I played it so before I proceed let me give you a sample of one of their tracks



Though in essence its good to hear them go back to their Rock roots to a certain extent and yes it has become slightly heavier than the last two albums which is there to Like. you can't help but feel something is missing. you don't seem to get the same feel as that of "Numb" or "Breaking the Habit". You are left wanting more at times in the mix of things like they could start of slow with some of Mr. Haan's mixes then proceed further but all in all it's still a good come back album for the band. If i had to give them a rating I would give them a 3 out of 5 pint rating!

YEAH I GOT A BEER RATING !!!!

Cause well you know .......

Any who now on to Number 8 cause right about now I think I'm tired of typing! (This would have been a better idea had I actually started a Radio show) DOH!

At Number eight we have a classic one of the greatest tracks ever written and performed from the King of Pop himself Michael Jai Kishan, Sorry I meant Jackson, but come on wouldn't it just be awesome had MJ been Indian? We probably would have been saved from this beauty .......


So coming in at number 8 we have "Thriller from the album Thriller" M.J. making zombies cool before they became commercial:-


So this is where we take a break on this countdown..... Tune in tomorrow as we continue with Part two of this four part series. Come on! If your can wait for "Game of Thrones" and "Sherlock" for Years you can Surely wait a day to go on with the countdown. Even though this might not be as appealing but hey! Moving on :D

But before you go a word from our sponsors:-








No comments:

Post a Comment